What Cory Monteith's life teaches about the dangers of drug addiction

It was 2 a.m. Sunday during my mini-vacation to Chicago this weekend and, as I was sitting in my
friend's studio apartment, she suddenly gasped.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Cory Monteith died!" she exclaimed while staring at her computer screen. "He was only 31!"

For the rest of the day, I was in a permanent state of shock. After seeing his face week after week on one of my favorite TV shows, it's easy to feel as if you know a person. And then, suddenly, he's gone. 

Although his cause of death has not yet been determined, there has been a lot of speculation considering he was not shy about his long battle with drug addiction. 

In 2011, he told Parade magazine that he began using drugs at the young age of 13. 

He had a trouble childhood, including petty crime. He admitted to feeling like an outsider and ditching school to smoke pot and drink. But he was trying to break the habit, even giving advice to others not to do drugs and doing a brief stint in rehab in April of this year. 

A person's demons can have a huge effect on his or her life. And, instead of using healthy ways, many people turn to drugs in order to try and bury this pain.

And now, during an apparent moment of weakness, this young star, who was just beginning a promising career, lost his life. 

Even if this is not the cause of death, Cory's life proves the importance of being drug free. You can't say, "Oh I'll try it once" or "Oh, just one more time." Because that one more time could kill you. 

In reference to Cory's death, Jamie Tworkowski, founder of the suicide awareness organization To Write Love on Her Arms, tweeted, "May we never stop fighting for the life and hope and sobriety of the people we love."

I don't care who you are, you don't know what the future has in store for you. And doing drugs is never worth the chance you take of never seeing this future. For Cory, not only was he one of the main characters of "Glee" for the past four years, but he was just embarking on acting on the big screen as well. 

Who knows what could have been in his future. An Emmy? An Oscar? Marriage? Kids? 

And now, we will never know. 

If you or someone you know is suffering from addiction, visit http://www.addictionsearch.com/ or http://www.northoaklandcoalition.org for Oakland County residents for more information on how to beat this. 

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Nice information you have shared.This information will become helpful to recover from addiction of drug who are suffering in drug.
    drug addiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. HELLO to my friends out there i am testifying about the good work of a man who help me it has been hell from the day my husband left me i am a woman with two kids my problem stated when the father of my kids travel i never help he was living but as at two weeks i did not set my eye on my husband i try calling but he was not taken my call some week he call me telling me that he has found love some where easy at first i never take to be serous but day after he came to the house to pick his things that was the time i notice that things is going bad i help he will come back but things was going bad day by day i needed to talk to someone about it so i went to his friend but there was no help so i give it up on him month later i met on the the internet a spell caster i never believe on this but i needed my men back so i gave the spell caster my problem at first i never trusted him so i was just doing it for doing sake but after three day my husband called me telling me that he his coming home i still do not believe but as at the six day the father to my kids came to the house asking me to for give him the spell work to said to my self from that day i was happy with my family thanks to the esango priest of (abamieghe)esango priest he his a great man you need to try him you can as well to tell him your problem so that he can be of help to you his content email is this esangopriest@gmail.com indeed you are a priest thank you for making my home a happy home again. remember his email is esangopriest@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete


  3. DR,EWAN SAVED MY MARRIAGE
    Having my husband back has brought great joy in life, This is one thing that i have always wished for in my life and getting it so easy through the help of Dr.Ewan was the greatest surprise that i received. I must confess that Dr.Ewan has the great powers to rescue people from heart break and this can be done by contacting Dr.Ewan through this contact information below

    Via Email: covenantsolutiontemple@gmail.com

    Via Mobile: +2347053122686

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love spell came out tremendously, I highly recommending robinson.buckler@yahoo.com for whatever problems you are experiencing in your relationship. He is the real deal. his love spell is absolutely wonderful.contact Robinson buckler or call him +19715126745
    Elizabeth kings, USA

    ReplyDelete